Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Dealing with Loss

One of my favorite expressions used to be "Well, at least nobody died." Things were bad, sure, but it could always be worse, right? I can't even say that anymore. In the last five years, I have lost a beautiful cat and both of my parents. Other traumatic events, that feel like deaths, have occurred. I left a home and area I loved and moved to a new place with hopes for the future. Slowly but surely, each of those hopes died. It seems like every time I crawl out of the hole, something else happens to throw me back in.

Skype is a wonderful invention. It enables me to talk face-to-face with a couple of very close friends. They, too, have gone through difficult times, but we bolster each other up during our video chats. It's almost as good as being in the same room. The fur babies are always with me, loving as ever. This is what gets me through the day.

Still, a spark lingers. Hope. It's still there, it's just harder to find.









No comments:

Post a Comment